What is the role?
This is a very exciting opportunity for a freelance Full Stack WordPress developer to work with us to help evolve our digital platform.
We are looking for a web developer with extensive experience with WooCommerce (and its plugins) with the ability to custom code and configure new web solutions (no page builders).
The ideal candidate is a whiz with WooCommerce customisation, developing and customising subscription, membership and gift card plugins and is family with a more agile workflow.
Freelancing Gems is the only Australian job platform and community for female freelancers that showcases the rarest gems of talent, across ALL industries. We champion the freelancers, the consultants, the sole-traders, the small business owners and the side-hustlers by providing a digital platform for Australian employers to find and hire the best talent. Freelancing Gems give females the ultimate business toolkit and support network to grow their business.
We are a purpose-led business supporting Australian women of the gig economy and the businesses that champion them. We lead conversations about change, push the boundaries for women and are redefining the 9 to 5.
We are looking for a web developer to align to our values as we grow and make impact together.
You will work with our strategic leadership team to finesse and evolve our web platform https://freelancinggems.com/
Whether it be custom coding a new subscription solution, coding a landing page, looking for ways to optimise the user experience or updating the website with our latest promotion, you will be our go to for all things web.
Areas of focus will be:
- Freelancers members area
- Employers members area
- Woocommerce shop
- Job search directory
- API integrations – CM Commerce, campaign monitor, automations
Taking custom designs and custom coding them into the existing web platform for specific requirements, keep a source code repository to maintain the code, and assist with keeping a simple front end experience yet building a powerful back end system.
Ideally we would love someone with a creative eye for detail, is up to date with the latest trends and technology, adheres to best web practice standards.
- Minimum 5 yrs experience web development with med – large WordPress and Woocommerce sites
- Experience operating from the terminal, SSH, FTP
- Skilled in building sites that are functional, using the latest tech trends
- High level skills using custom codes, ecommerce sites & API integrations
- Can take raw designs in Adobe Suite / Sketch and code into beautiful responsive web code
- Nice to haves, experience with
- Site Speed – maintain / optimize page Load speeds
- Strategy – Customer journey / conversions / SEO
- Site security mitigation
- Hosting environments – eg CDN
- WFH – Be an extension of our team, yet remain the master of your own destiny
- 1-2 days per week
- On site for strategy meetings from time to time
To apply please click ‘apply now’ and submit your portfolio of work.