About the Job or Project
Are you a wealth of creativity and beauty knowledge that is ready and willing to seek out (and jump into) the latest beauty-verse trends and not afraid to overshare online?
We’re looking for a self-starter armed with strong stakeholder management skills to lead the content plans and production schedules for our onsite marketing content. This includes driving Beauty IQ (Adore Beauty’s editorial platform) as well as writing and editing for the platform, briefing freelance writers, working across brand packages and supporting the output of weekly Beauty IQ eDMs.
You’ll also be using your editorial skills and strong understanding of our TOV to collaborate with our team and create content for different forms of media, including socials. Adore Beauty is all about authenticity! We strive to make our beauty education engaging and entertaining, while still letting our community in on the not-so-pretty behind the scenes aspects.
Your prime objective will be to:
- Make Adore Beauty the number one brand for beauty education and entertainment in Australia, heroing our distinct brand tone of voice
- Develop and implement content plans and production schedules for onsite marketing content
- Development and support of bespoke brand packages
Day to day responsibilities:
- Conceptualise, plan and execute compelling Beauty IQ articles and video to support engagement, consistently reinforce core brand values/pillars and revenue growth
- Plan and execute bespoke content packages for brands
- Edit all incoming written content from freelancers
- Develop, implement and evolve the Beauty IQ strategy
- Work with the wider marketing team to produce onsite content that supports brands’ growth
- Conceptualise, plan and execute compelling content based on research, trends and analytics to support brand engagement and revenue growth.
- Produce content for use across social media channels to support offsite team
- Report on content performance & adhere to KPIs
- Brief and coordinate a series of freelance writers each week
- Collaborate with the SEO team to ensure all written content is optimised
- Contribute to content shoots and events via production, assistance, modelling and/or presenting
Ideal Applicant or Experience
Who you are
- 3 years minimum in publishing, beauty PR, editorial or digital content production required
- Degree in journalism, PR, communications or marketing required
- Beauty background/experience strongly preferred (fashion and lifestyle experience also considered)
- Melbourne-based strongly preferred
- Strong written communication skills, including the ability to write in accordance with brand voice guidelines
- Strong editorial skills and an ability to provide guidance and development to junior writers
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills
- High attention to detail, with the ability to multitask and prioritise numerous activities at once
- Ability to think creatively and contribute to content concepts and execution strategies
- Comfortable in front of camera/presenting on camera and in person
- Understand the commercial impact of marketing
Ability to manage a number of freelance contributors and their workload
Required Skills and Services
Perks and Benefits
Working for Adore Beauty – Perks & Benefits!
- Trialling a 9 day fortnight – compressed work week
- Hybrid work options
- Flexible public holiday options
- Generous team member discounts
- Access to heavily discounted salon treatments
- Employee led diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Monthly social events
- Monthly value awards
- Dress for your day
- Women In Leadership
AB University to foster continuous learning and soft skills development
About Adore Beauty
Adore Beauty was put on the web way back in April 2000 by self-confessed beauty-junkie Kate Morris. Having grown up in Launceston, Tasmania, Kate lamented that all the hottest beauty products mentioned in magazines were only available to those who lived in big cities.
So Kate innovated! She created an online beauty boutique that would make beauty products accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime and to create a place where customers felt comfortable and in control of their own beauty journey.
Today, Adore Beauty is a bustling ASX listed, quick-paced, passion-driven company employing approx 170+ team members. Every team member at Adore Beauty brings something special to the company and its culture – that’s what makes us unique. The team at Adore Beauty all live and breathe the company values: we work for each other; we do the right thing; we are always growing, and we bring a positive energy to work each day. Does this sound like you? Great!
How to Apply
If this job sounds like it was made for you please apply via the section below with your resume/portfolio, cover letter, examples of written work and any relevant social channels.
This job advertisement has expired.