Communications & Engagement Officer
About the Job or Project
Women in Seafood Australasia (WISA) is a not-for-profit organisation inclusive of those who support furthering the interests, positioning and opportunities for women in the seafood industry. From women working on the boats, in farms and factories, post-harvest and processing, leading innovation or research, new ventures, management, or government and policy making, WISA supports members across the entire supply chain and welcomes men and non-binary members who align with our vision and mission. WISA’s network is at the heart of what we do. We believe that building genuine connections builds resilience and capacity.
It is a very exciting time to join the WISA team! You will have the opportunity to help shape the future and growth of WISA and be part of a small dynamic team aiming to create change in the Australian seafood industry for women.
We are looking for someone with availability to commit to three days per week either in a freelance or part time capacity.
This year, WISA will be delivering a three-year national program of work with support from the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s Office for Women. The aim of this program is to increase the leadership and entrepreneurial capacity of women, build a stronger and more diverse network, and work with all of industry to create more inclusive workplaces free of barriers to women.
The Communications and Engagement Officer will be working closely with WISA’s Executive Officer, and directly with our small program team. The work will be varied, rewarding and challenging. It is an opportunity to be creative and have real impact within a high functioning team who values integrity and trust.
Specifically, you will:
• Build, support and deliver a range of effective communication services to WISA and the project, including developing materials, publications, digital/social media content and collateral
• Be responsible for collecting and managing communications and project data for monitoring and evaluation
• Manage logistics and communications for events, workshops and other project/WISA activities
• Foster relationships and engage with WISA members, project participants, and industry stakeholders
• Assist in the day to day running of WISA and supporting Executive Officer
Ideal Applicant or Experience
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
• A relevant qualification and 3-4 years experience of developing and delivering compelling communications
• Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and demonstrated capacity to manage online and in person activities (e.g. workshops, events)
• Ability to manage competing priorities and deliver high quality outputs on time
• Ability to respond to changing priorities with flexibility
• Ability to work unsupervised, with a high level of ownership and accountability for the role
• Ability to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders including WISA and the project team
• Ability to engage with a range of stakeholders including WISA members, external industry organisations, funding bodies and government agencies
• An interest in, and respect for, WISA’s vision and mission
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and an eye for design
• Experience in monitoring, analysis and optimisation of communications platforms (e.g. website, Mailchimp, social media)
• Experience in using computer applications: MS Office including Excel, WordPress, Mailchimp, Graphic Design Software (minimum: Canva Pro)
• Experience in producing content to be shared across a range of platforms including website, newsletters, publications, email, and social media
The successful applicant must have access to a home office with a computer and internet access with capacity for the required communications software.
• Some travel will be required to in person events
Required Skills and Services
Perks and Benefits
WISA has culture of equity, inclusion and diversity. We value the uniqueness of individuals and provide an environment in which all are able to contribute to our success. WISA has no physical office and so the work will be remote and have flexible work arrangements. Our EO is based on the Bellarine Peninsula in Victoria and regularly travels to Melbourne. While our search is national, we encourage applicants from the same region to facilitate face-to-face connections. WISA is a small team so there will be opportunities to get involved in all aspects of the organisation and help shape its future direction.
About Women in Seafood Australasia
Women in Seafood Australasia (WISA) is the only national organisation in Australia representing women in the seafood industry. It is a unique network covering the tough, high-tech world of commercial fishing, the cutting edge aquaculture, research and processing sectors and policy and resource management.
WISA builds the capacity of its seafood women to contribute to their industry.
How to Apply
If this job sounds like it was made for you please apply via the section below with your resume and cover letter outlining why you’re the best fit for the project. Examples of your work would also be an added bonus. Applications close 2nd April 2023.
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today