About the Job or Project
At CACTUS, we are actively seeking freelance editors, including copyeditors and substantive editors to work on academic manuscripts in their fields of expertise. Our editorial services cater to authors worldwide, many of whom have English as a second language.
Your role in making a global impact:
As an academic editor, you’ll play an important role in helping researchers worldwide effectively communicate their work. Your responsibilities will include:
- Elevating STEM Papers: Edit scientific manuscripts to meet the rigorous standards of international peer-reviewed journals.
- Enhancing Clarity: Ensure clarity and idiomatic expression in edited content, allowing authors to convey their research effectively.
- Preserving Original Meaning: Utilize comments to clarify important edits while preserving the original intent and meaning of the author’s work.
- Subject-Specific Expertise: Maintain subject-specific conventions in each editing assignment.
Ideal Applicant or Experience
- A Ph.D. or Master’s degree in one or more specialized subject areas listed below
- A strong attention to detail to ensure the highest quality editing
- Prior experience in academic editing is preferred
- Proficiency in computer literacy and reliable internet connectivity to work seamlessly in an online environment
Specialized subject areas:
Anesthesiology and pain medicine | Civil engineering | Clinical oncology | Diabetes and endocrine research (Medicine) | Food science (Biochemistry) | Gastroenterology (Medicine) | Hematology (Medicine) | Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) | Image processing | Industrial and manufacturing engineering | Infectious diseases (Medicine) | Optics | Orthopedics (Medicine) | Pathology (Medicine) | Radiology/Imaging | Reproductive Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology (OBGYN) | Rheumatology (Medicine) | Robotics
Required Skills and Services
About Cactus Communications
– AI-powered scholarly publishing solutions to academic publishers and researchers;
– editorial, translation, education, and training solutions for researchers;
– strategic and tactical scientific content solutions to global life science organizations; and
– solutions for science dissemination and engagement with peers, public, and policymakers for wider research outreach.
We incubate seed and early-stage startups that share our mission to solve global problems with science and technology solutions.
We have offices in London, Princeton, Singapore, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, Seoul, Aarhus, and Mumbai; a global workforce of over 3,000 experts; and customers from over 190 countries.
We are a remote-first organization. We offer the flexibility to work from anywhere in your home country; you can work from where you are most productive.
How to Apply
If this job sounds like it was made for you please apply via the section below with your resume and cover letter outlining why you’re the best fit for the project. Examples of your work would also be an added bonus.
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today