Copywriter and Content Marketing Strategist
MATCHBOX Exchange is not your typical business. We are a young, but rapidly expanding business, which means we are small, hungry, and we have created a lot from nothing.
“Disruptive” is a term used to describe innovations like our product for a reason; because they disrupt the way things used to be. Our product does things differently, and better. WE do things differently, and better (at least our quarter-on-quarter growth says so). We are literally changing an industry, so if you are motivated to be part of that change and to contribute to the wins and growth of the business, then this opportunity is for you.
Our product is simple – it is a website application that allows companies to utilise their empty shipping containers more efficiently. Our culture is similar – we do more with less.
The business adopts flexible working from home arrangements, however, if preferred the team can work out of WeWork offices on flexible arrangements. We are open to candidates in the APAC region, working with our Marketing Manager in Singapore and Head of Marketing currently on the Gold Coast, QLD – so to relocate to California early 2022.
Given the demanding nature of the business and our aggressive global expansion plans, there has become a need for an in-house Copywriter-Content Marketing Strategist to join our team to support with marketing initiatives. This role will serve an integral aspect of supporting our business growth by way of effective marketing strategies and communication. With a global strategy unfolding across 2021 and beyond, the role will directly contribute to the success of the organisations plan and expansion.
The ideal candidate for this role will have compelling, simple and effective copy writing skills that will communicate the value that Matchbox Exchange brings to the table for its customers. SEO and WordPress skills are also favourable assets. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail is a must. The ability to be efficient, motivated and skilled to work independently is key. Our team culture encourages the ability to bounce ideas off internal members whilst also being comfortable in taking supportive direction from the marketing management team.
** PLEASE NOTE IT IS OUR PREFERENCE FOR THE ROLE TO BE FULL TIME, HOWEVER, WILL ALSO BE OPEN TO DISCUSSION ON ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS.
- To continue with the set-up blog we title MB NewsBulletin to publish industry relevant content regularly.
- Write and edit content for press releases, social media posts and mass-email communications that are sent out to customers from time to time using Fresh Desk.
- Following our partners, competitors, and key customer bases on social media to identify trends we should be engaging in.
- Write, collate and proof read content for sales presentations.
- Assist with writing/editing scripts for video content.
- Keep abreast with industry relevant news
- Create and send out emerging press releases to relevant Industry Associations
- Managing/writing/collating content of all types across the business to support the marketing plan.
- Track performance of all marketing campaigns
- Assist with any ad-hoc content writing requirements across internal teamsREQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent Creativity and writing skills
- Excellent Content Strategy and Marketing skills
- Critical analysis and strategy creation skills
- UX and Digital writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team player skills
- Ability to take direction and execute with ease and passion
- Social media competency with the knowledge and strategies to increase organic engagement on our social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter)
- Competency in developing and maintaining a company blog newsletter/bulletin with the knowledge to share on our company’s social media channels
- 5 years + in a copywriting/content writing role, preferably with B2B experience
- Knowledge of SEO best-practises for blogs and marketing website to drive the right audience to our content published online.
- WordPress, Mailchimp and Hootsuite or similar experience is favourable
- Microsoft Teams, Monday.com and Confluence experience is an advantage
- Adobe Creative Suite also an advantage
- Must be 100% proficient in English. Multilingual is also an advantage but not essential.Required personal traits;This role requires;
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to work with various team members to get the best outcome
- A good listener who isn’t afraid to challenge themselves to find a way
- Someone who considers their work as a part of their life that they get genuinely interested and excited about.
- An easy going, fun, and happy disposition
- A self-starter who is self-motivated and can identify tasks that need focus independently
- Who manages time well and can be flexible ‘when needed’ in consideration to the company’s team member time zones
- Who isn’t afraid to ask questions or assistance when feeling stuck
- Who can be relied upon, and who doesn’t need constant reminding to do what is expected of them.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Who is passionate about joining a fast-scaling software company on a Global level in order to grow and reap the benefits for their loyalty and dedication
View our website and LinkedIn to learn more:
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today