About the Job or Project
Our client is undergoing a significant digital transformation, and we are seeking a Design Lead to spearhead the UX and UI design delivery for a series of projects. As the Design Lead, you will be responsible for working with client product owners and SMEs to translate detailed requirements into comprehensive end-to-end experiences and deliverables. Visually realising them within the client’s brand and design system.
You will be a natural born leader, collaborator and doer, with the ability to drive high quality design results that will positively impact the user experience with your team of UX & UI designers in collaboration with the client and their teams.
In this job you will:
- Follow direction on processes, tools, and deadlines, regularly reporting progress and accommodating feedback from the Design Chapter Lead.
- Lead and drive a media.monks team of UX and UI designers, fostering a positive culture and constructive mindset, and providing education where needed.
- Conduct daily meetings with the team to gauge progress, regularly conduct design reviews, provide guidance, and proactively address potential issues.
- Contribute to projects in a hands-on UX/UI Design capacity.
- Anticipate and address potential issues, define and improve the design process, and ensure the project stays on track to deliver quality solutions on time.
- Engage with stakeholders, offer solutions, conduct workshops, present progress to the team, and incorporate feedback from other designers, SMEs, and final users.
- Translate existing requirements and concepts into comprehensive wireframes and designs that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Help to realise, visualise, validate the product’s experience through collaborative workshops, creating flow charts, wireframes, designed components, interactive prototypes, and overseeing validation through usability testing.
- Ensure the utilisation and standardisation of design and brand systems, collaborating with the Interaction Design/Design System owner to document and socialise them.
- Recommend strategic design decisions related to core and new functions where appropriate.
- Identify design problems and develop simple, elegant solutions tailored to our users.
Adopt a user-centred design approach, regularly test and iterate solutions with our users. Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to extract requirements, design cross-functional solutions, seek sign-off, and hand them over to the development teams team.
- Conduct stakeholder walkthroughs and presentations.
- Document solutions using design and collaboration tools where required.
- Conduct post-implementation reviews.
Ideal Applicant or Experience
The right type of candidate will be
- Experienced in leading a small design team (UX & UI talent) from end to end.
- Strong in theoretical knowledge and practical experience in UX & UI design & design systems.
- Familiar with working with design and brand systems.
- Proficient in designing digital products, including a comprehensive understanding of responsive layouts and accessibility.
- Skilled in working within an Agile framework.
- Possessing seven or more years of experience.
- Proficient in design and collaboration tools.
- Experienced in managing design teams.
- Exceptional in stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent in soft skills, both spoken and written communication skills.
- Able to work with stakeholders and users to gather detailed requirements and design complete experiences that meet their needs.
- Knowledgeable in UX and UI design best practices, with a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
Expert in user-centred design and testing methodologies, usability, and accessibility.
- Efficient in iterating designs and solutions.
- Clear and effective in communicating design processes, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders and the team.
- Enthusiastic collaborator and communicator. Gladly will work closely with other teams and stakeholders in a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Willing to support teammates, share knowledge and experience, and learn from others.
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism from teammates, stakeholders, and users.
- Passionate about UX, UI, and other areas of design and innovation.
- Knowledgeable about the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Bonus, but not a must
- Experience in the insurance or financial industries.
Required Skills and Services
About Media Monks
Media.Monks is the purely digital operating brand of S4Capital plc that connects 8,600+ digital natives across one global team. We are united by a mission to shift industries forward and pave the path towards ambitious outcomes so our clients and our people can realize their full potential for growth. Our unified model combines solutions in media, data, social, platforms, studio, experience, brand and technology services to help our clients continuously reinvent themselves throughout increasingly rapid cycles of disruption. Our efforts to shape culture, build innovative technologies and unlock the future of growth have earned recognition from numerous esteemed panels: we maintain a constant presence on Adweek’s Fastest Growing lists (2019-22), regular recognition at Cannes Lions, inclusion in AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players (2020-23), the title of Webby Production Company of the Year (2021-23), a record number of FWAs, and have earned a spot on Newsweek’s Top 100 Global Most Loved Workplaces 2023. Together, these achievements solidify our experience in digital innovation, excellence in craft, and commitment to personal growth.
How to Apply
If this job sounds like it was made for you please apply via the section below with your resume and cover letter outlining why you’re the best fit for the project. Examples of your work would also be an added bonus.
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today