About the Job or Project
Sunset Cinema has been delivering outdoor cinema experiences across multiple locations for over 12 years. We are excited to return to Wollongong this summer for another great season of movies under the stars.
We are on the search for an experienced Event Manager for the season. The event/venue manager plays a critical role in managing the smooth running of the event throughout the entire season.
The Sunset Cinema Venue Manager at our Wollongong location is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the outdoor cinema event during the 2024 season.
You will lead and inspire a team of outdoor cinema event staff to assist them in delivering a spectacular customer experience and well executed event.
Sunset Cinema strives to ensure that our patrons (Sunsetters) have a great experience and thus the role is best described as equal parts customer satisfaction/service & operations/site management.
In conjunction with Sunset Cinema HQ, the role includes elements of event operations, staff management & rostering, cost control, administration & reporting, supplier logistics, venue & community liaison and all other relevant facets of successful event delivery.
- Interview and recruit suitable crew members to fill all available casual roles on-site that meet the Sunset Cinema requirements.
- Where required, assist bump-in/out in conjunction with the Sunset Cinema Operations Manager, Production Manager & General Manager including liaison with key suppliers where required.
- Staff rostering, briefing and management in the lead-in to & during the season.
- Oversee and assist in site setup, management & pack-down each screening night based on the requirements of the venue.
- In consultation with the Sunset Cinema team, manage all site/operational elements of event cancellation due to weather.
- Ensure an in-depth knowledge of all systems and processes that Sunset Cinema uses.
- Accurate stocktaking and reporting across all revenue streams (Box Office, Snack & Bar, Seating Hire & Wages)
- Manage the implementation and adherence to RSA.
This exciting role will see the successful candidate become an integral part of our tight knit team delivering hugely popular cinematic events.
The role will include being onsite each screening night, as well as ADHOC administrative duties both pre-season and during.
Fixed Term contract for all scheduled screening nights + bump-in & out. The season is due to commence week commencing 8th January, ending 27th March 2024. We screen from Thursday – Saturday each week, plus Wednesday 14th February.
The contract will commence on an as needs basis in consultation with the General Manager based on pre-season requirements.
We will also accept applications from event management professionals who prefer to be contracted through their business.
Ideal Applicant or Experience
We require a customer focused event management professional who has demonstrated experience in the delivery of all facets of recurring events ideally in an outdoor environment. Core competencies include:
- Extensive experience in event or venue management (outdoor events beneficial).
- Superior communication & customer service skills.
- Ability to act upon own initiative and work independently
- Experience in leading, performing within & motivating a team of casual staff.
- Can work effectively to deadlines & under pressure.
- High-level problem-solving skills.
- Can build rapport easily with a range of stakeholders.
- RSA & First Aid Certificate
- Ability to spot an opportunity and demonstrate initiative to harness them.
This role will suit an experienced freelance Event/Venue Manager who is available to work outside typical business hours or a currently employed experienced Event Manager who can manage multiple clients & competing priorities.
Required Skills and Services
About Sunset Cinema
Sunset Cinema operates across Australia every summer with thousands of Sunsetters taking a walk down our red carpet to enjoy a magical night out under the stars.
How to Apply
If this job sounds like it was made for you please apply via the section below with your resume and cover letter outlining why you’re the best fit for the project. Examples of your work would also be an added bonus.
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today