Excel / VBA Developer
About the Job or Project
We are looking for a Microsoft Excel expert to join our team. You will develop new solutions and update existing spreadsheets including complex formulas and extensive VBA programming.
- Work from home (with the possibility of some on-site work)
- Flexible hours, 10 to 25 hours per week, varying depending on client requirements. (Some regular availability during standard business hours will be required.)
- Ongoing role with recurring work
- Attractive hourly rates, negotiable on experience
- Work as a casual employee or as a subcontractor with your own ABN
- An integral part of the Digiwise team with support and personal development opportunities
The role would suit someone who is looking for work that compliments other commitments. You could be an established freelancer, semi-retired or looking to work around family/study commitments. Digiwise will engage you as a contractor through your own company.
Digiwise welcomes applicants with decades of experience or applicants early in their career but already proving outstanding capabilities. We recognise that nobody “knows everything” and are looking for applicants that have a rock-solid foundation, with the ability to rapidly build on that foundation to meet our client’s requirements.
This role is focused on Microsoft Excel, but complimentary software development skills such as Microsoft Access, SQL Server and web application development would be highly regarded.
Ideal Applicant or Experience
Essential Skills and Experience
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills including complex formulas, pivot-tables, advanced charting, and external data integration.
- Excellent VBA programming skills with the ability to develop and maintain complex systems.
- Demonstrated experience with designing reports, specialised calculators, and financial modelling.
- Ability to analyse complex data to develop models and automated reporting.
- Skilled at creating new Excel-based solutions as well as optimising and enhancing existing spreadsheets.
- Keen analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven ability to understand complex problems and design innovative solutions.
- First-class communications skills
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative.
Advantageous Skills, Experience and Qualifications
The following would be highly regarded (but not required)
- Experience with SQL databases such as SQL Server or MySQL
- Ability to develop automated solutions using other Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word
- Relevant Microsoft certifications
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant area. For example, a degree in computer science, software engineering, data science or business analytics.
Required Skills and Services
Digiwise has been delivering software development services and advanced Microsoft Excel solutions for over 14 years. We are a small team with a head office in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne, servicing clients right across Australia. Our clients include state government departments, local councils, a university, large corporates, and small businesses.
Our success is based not only on first-class technical expertise, but more importantly our ability to understand our clients’ requirements and develop tailored solutions that regularly exceed our clients’ expectations.
How to Apply
If this job sounds like it was made for you please apply via the section below with your resume and cover letter outlining why you’re the best fit for the project. Examples of your work would also be an added bonus.
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today