About the Job or Project
- Exciting career opportunity for an experienced General Manager
- Work with a passionate, dynamic team at the top of their game in the property industry
- Brisbane-based, inner city location, full-time leadership role
Gem Recruitment is excited to work with Grow Group Australia to connect them with an experienced leader. This is a rare opportunity, if you are a dynamic professional with a passion for property with proven results in leading high-performance teams, then we need to meet you.
Who are you working with?
Grow Group is driven to become Australia’s leading boutique property agency. Providing expert knowledge and industry-leading customer service, they help people achieve their financial goals by buying and investing in property. Our business is made up of real estate sales, property management, property development and property investment.
Grow Group was founded from pure passion and determination, to see others find their personal success through property and finance. They work hard and they work fast, but they also work together. Their team brings a diversity of skills, cultures, and life experiences to the table.
Working with a high-performance team, this role is an excellent leadership opportunity for a driven and entrepreneurial in spirit General Manager. With strong operational and people skills, you’ll thrive in a high-energy environment that is fast-paced. With a keen interest in all areas of property, you bring solid business acumen, excellent communications skills and strong attention to detail. Reporting to the Co-Founders, this role is accountable for implementing the Directors’ vision for the company, leading and growing the team, building strong client relationships, and driving operational excellence. This is an opportunity to drive the growth of a leading brand with bold ambitions.
- Manage day-to-day operations of a real estate business and administrative team.
- Implementing the Director’s vision for the company to achieve company financial goals quarterly.
- Lead, motivate, and develop a high-performing team to drive sales, marketing, operations, and customer service excellence.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customers, suppliers, and partners to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
- Drive operational excellence and cost optimization initiatives to improve profitability and efficiency.
- Collaborate with the finance team and Directors to develop and manage budgets, financial forecasts, and performance metrics.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory, and ethical standards and requirements.
- Create an inclusive and motivating culture for the team, overseeing a team of 12, with three direct reports.
- Proactively manage the central HR function for the business.
- Enhance existing systems and procedures.
Ideal Applicant or Experience
You are a natural leader, who cares about creating a positive culture for people to thrive. You are self-motivated, professional and driven to “grow” our business. You will have a background in the real estate, property or investment industry.
Ideally, you will have:
- Real Estate License, or previously licensed that can be reinstated.
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated skill in autonomously managing teams and clients.
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure and lead in a dynamic team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, underpinned by the capacity to foster meaningful and productive relationships with staff, clients and suppliers alike.
- Commitment to going above and beyond to deliver exceptional service to clients
- Familiarity with real estate sales, rentals and developments.
- Demonstrated HR ability across recruitment, performance management etc.
- New business experience and success.
Required Skills and Services
Perks and Benefits
Grow isn’t just their name, it’s in their DNA. Grow Group believe that every person on the team is more than their role, and as such, they support the health, well-being and growth of the whole person. Staff benefits include:
- Learning and growth – Regular access to professional speakers and coaches and training opportunities
- Health and wellbeing – Subsidised nutrition and counselling services, team retreats and staff incentives for country, sea and city accommodation stays
- Corporate volunteer program – Access to participate in regular volunteer opportunities
About Gem Recruitment
Gem Recruitment is home to women’s recruitment in Australia. We are true champions of diversity and inclusion, connecting professional women with Australian employers to find their next meaningful role across part-time and full-time positions. We don’t have rigid, traditional recruitment processes. We assess the way our clients want to recruit each role and agree on the best plan of action together to find the right person.
How to Apply
If this is of interest and you have the right to work in Australia, we’d love to connect. Please submit your resume or portfolio of work along with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and how you would contribute to the Grow Group team. To learn more about the role and for a confidential discussion please contact Fleur Madden at firstname.lastname@example.org
This job advertisement has expired.