GM of Marketing and Commercial
Develop and implement the marketing and commercial strategies to deliver audience and revenue growth objectives for the Food and Travel categories.
What’s the role?
Reporting to the Managing Director, Food and Travel you will:
- Develop and manage the commercial and marketing strategies for Food and Travel with the aim of:
- Delivering all commercial growth targets
- Diversifying revenue streams beyond traditional advertising, including consumer revenue, marketing services, content partnerships and e-commerce
- Maximising audience in reach, frequency and engagement
- Own the consumer and trade marketing strategies and roadmap delivery for the Food and Travel networks
- Develop new commercial content propositions and partnerships with video as a priority
- Ideate and deliver an innovative roadmap of profitable experiential offerings
- Identify opportunities to drive increased recurring revenue
- Actively pursue new partnerships with external businesses to drive consumer brand and campaign reach with limited budgets
- Monitor and report category performance against agreed objectives throughout the year
- Create a culture which is customer focused, innovative and achievement-oriented and reflects News Corp’s values
- Identify talent and mentor for high performance ensuring development plans are in place
- 12 month parental leave contract
Who are you?
- 10+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- You have a proven track record of success, driving revenue growth and profitability
- You have a history of building and developing high-performing teams
- Highly credible in a business environment, you have a high commercial understanding and knowledge of creating value
- You lead by example and empower others to take initiative and solve problems, championing desired behaviours, accountability and execution excellence
- Entrepreneurial, inspirational and self-directed, as well as analytical and metrics driven
What’s in it for you?
- Collaborative environment
- Opportunity to innovate, challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward
- Variety of work where no two days are the same
- Work with some of Australia’s most recognised and prestigious food and travel brands
- Make a difference as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation
Who are we?
We are Australia’s number one and most influential media organisation with more than 150 prestige brands across news, sport and lifestyle. Each month more than 17 million Australians choose to consume news and information from our digital and print products – more than any other media group in Australia.
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today