About the Job or Project
Since 1977, King Living has pioneered quality Australian design, continually pushing the boundaries of what furniture can achieve. Designed to adapt to our changing lives and last for generations, our furniture marries the power of innovation with traditional handcrafted methods.
King Living has expanded from a homegrown business into a global brand. A family owned and run Australian company headquartered from our Support Centre in Sydney, our Showrooms and manufacturing centres span Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, China, and Thailand.
At King Living, we are dedicated to creating simplicity and balance in both our living spaces and our work environment. We take pride in our past accomplishments and are thrilled by the possibilities of the future.
The role of the Graphic Designer is to assist and support the Marketing team in the development of branded creative and campaign assets for King Living.
The role is responsible for providing design concepts that meets King Brand standards and communication needs, in line with agreed briefs, timeframes and Brand DNA guidelines.
- Develops conceptual and graphic/ visual design to meet Brand briefs. Produces materials to achieve the brief within agreed timeframes
- Provides innovative, art direction and high-quality graphic design services in line with King Brand and Product DNA
- Designs concepts and finished artwork for all Brand activities, including but not limited to branded collateral, logo design, POS, print and digital advertising
- Designs and delivers master campaign assets as briefed.
- Provides graphic design support as directed and when required, to other business divisions/departments
- Develops digital brand and campaign templates, including HPTO’s, banner ads, eDMs.
- Designs UX and mobile responsive wireframes for website, including home pages, category pages and landing pages.
- Manipulates, converts or adjusts images to achieve the desired effect, such as low/high-end retouching including colour balance, colour conversion, composite working, and image extension.
- Maintains, implements and updates King Brand Guidelines as directed by the Global Head of Marketing.
- Manages workflow in adherence with turnaround timelines and all work requests and project deadlines met.
- Required for 2-3 days per week for minimum of 3 months.
Ideal Applicant or Experience
- Formal qualification in Graphic or Industrial Design discipline
- 3+ years Graphic Design experience in either commerce or agency
- Strong knowledge in both digital / print design
- Deep knowledge of web design processes
- Intermediate to Advanced level in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Retail background with experience ideally in premium product
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of products, and the industry
- Understanding of industry trends and ability to interpret for marketing activities
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to deliver strong creative ideas in response to the brief and within design guidelines
- Ability to think creatively and translate ideas into engaging designs with high visual impact
- Experience with all aspects of design for printed publications to digital media
Required Skills and Services
Perks and Benefits
- Career development and ongoing product training
- Supportive and friendly team environment with a true family feel
- Generous product discounts
- Discounted retail brands and vouchers
- Australian owned company with a growing global footprint
- EAP to support your ongoing health and wellbeing.
About King Living
Design, innovation and comfort are the foundation of KING. For five decades, the brand has been at the forefront of Australian design, continually pushing the boundaries of what furniture can achieve. Driven by the belief that quality design improves the way we live, these core principles inform every part of our business.
Established in 1977, KING has expanded from a homegrown business into a global brand. A family owned and run Australian company headquartered from our Support Centre in Sydney, our showrooms and manufacturing centres span Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Canada, Singapore, Malaysia, China and Thailand.
Designer, manufacturer and retailer KING is a vertically integrated business. A dedicated team of in-house designers and expert technicians utilise leading technology to deliver lasting comfort. Every detail of each design, from the durable steel frames to the tailored removable covers, is made to order at the KING state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities.
At KING, diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to fulfilling our purpose. Attracting and retaining diverse talent and fostering an inclusive culture allows us to deliver the best for our customers – furniture crafted for a lifetime of comfort, designed to be passed down from one generation to the next.
How to Apply
If this job sounds like it was made for you please apply via the section below with your resume and cover letter outlining why you’re the best fit for the project. Examples of your work would also be an added bonus.
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today