Head of People & Culture
Autonomy and diversity are on offer for a skilled People and Culture leader at our Brisbane based Medical Technology company.
About the Role
With a dual reporting line to the Global HR Director, and the Regional Managing Director, this role will draw on your exceptional ability to drive the development of an optimal workplace culture that creates high-performance through a values-based team environment. This role is responsible for leading the HR and L&D functions for the APAC region with both global and local focus. You’ll be part of a global HR team that’s responsible for rolling out company wide people and culture initiatives, as well as supporting the regional executive team in maintaining an excellent workplace culture.
You will have a proven background in Employee Relations in Australia (and ideally exposure to New Zealand), and you oversee HR strategy and operations including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, culture and engagement, and learning and development.
As the sole HR practitioner based in the region, you will be comfortable switching between strategic and operational focuses, and will be the type of person who ‘rolls their sleeves up’ and does what needs doing, whether that be drafting contracts and conducting reference checks, or brainstorming the 3 year local people and culture strategy.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have:
- Formal qualifications in HR, Business, or other related degree
- 5+ years’ experience as a People and Culture Business Partner, or Manager
- Strong ER / IR skills, with proven experience of working through complex cases and excellent knowledge of current Australian Employment Law and Legislation
- Experience working in a global business, or in a shared services environment
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and coaching skills
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement strategies and programs to create a performance culture
- Lead the APAC regions employee engagement activities and programs, and cultivate a progressive and innovative culture of collaboration
- Design progressive retention strategies to strengthen employee engagement
- Manage the quarterly Organisational Review Process in line with the global HR team
- Define and maintain the employee remuneration and benefit programs
- Continue driving the establishment of our HR Management System (Employment Hero)
- Effectively champion and support the facilitation of major changes
- Ensure Tunstall complies with all relevant legislation and obligations are understood and met
- Provide expert advice and assistance to management in the areas of HR and IR
- Deliver HR administration activities
We offer a competitive package and a commitment to your development.
Tunstall Healthcare is a leading provider of connected care and connected health solutions. With almost 60 years of global experience and operating in over 50 countries, our assistive technologies play a key role in helping older people and those with long-term health needs to live safely and independently.
Our vision is to give people the freedom to live as independently, securely, healthily and happily as they are able.
If you find this role suitable for you, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking ‘Apply’.
To be successful, candidates must hold Australian citizenship or permanent residency, or the appropriate working visa. All Tunstall employees are required to complete a Police Check.
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today