About the Job or Project
The book-marketing consultant plays a vital role in helping authors develop and execute their book marketing strategies. This is a client-focused role, as you will be working directly with authors to come up with relevant book-promotion strategies and helping to execute them. Tellwell publishes books in a variety of genres, including memoir, genre fiction, children’s, religious/spiritual, business, self-help, political, poetry, and general non-fiction.
This is a contract role, with the opportunity for permanent full-time work in the future.
- CONSULTATIONS: conducting phone or video marketing consultations, wherein you will outline relevant book-marketing practices for each author
- STRATEGIES: writing comprehensive custom marketing strategies
- DESIGN: creating promotional materials and graphics using Canva
- PUBLICITY: pitching traditional and new media (bloggers and influencers, booktubers, reviewers) on behalf of authors to help them gain publicity
- SOCIAL MEDIA: coaching authors on how to use social media, and creating accounts on their behalf
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: working with a high volume of authors simultaneously, prioritizing their needs, and ensuring work is completed on deadline
- COMMUNICATION & ORGANIZATION: regularly communicating with the team lead, updating various trackers
- TRENDS: staying up to date with emerging book-marketing trends and platforms
- MEETINGS: contributing to quarterly departmental priorities, monthly lessons-learned meetings
- CONTENT: contributing to Tellwell’s blog and newsletter
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal Applicant or Experience
- excellent written and spoken communication skills
- strong interpersonal skills
- knowledgeable in marketing activities and platforms
- creative in the design of promotional materials and graphics
- strong technical skills in WordPress, Canva, Microsoft Office & Google Docs & Sheets
- social media savvy: proficiency using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Goodreads, YouTube
- comfortable pitching to the media and influencers to generate publicity
- strong time-management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- can work independently and under minimal supervision, but also as part of a collaborative team
- friendly, professional, and enthusiastic
- goal-oriented and self-motivated
- productive, focused, and deadline-driven
- experienced in client interaction
- tech and social media savvy
- experienced working for yourself and/or in start-up environments
- passionate about books
Required Skills and Services
About Tellwell Publishing
Tellwell has been operating in Canada since 2015 and internationally since 2018. We are currently expanding our team in Australia, where we have been operating since 2019. Tellwell publishes books by authors from Australia, Canada, the USA, the UK, and other countries.
Tellwell is a past finalist for Viatec’s Startup of the Year award, was named one of “10 to Watch” by Douglas Magazine, and has appeared on CanadianBusiness.com’s Top 50 Fastest Growing Start-ups list. Most recently, we were a 2022 finalist for a Better Business Bureau (BBB) Torch Award for Ethics, and we take pride in our steady stream of positive client feedback, while always seeking to learn from critical input .
Founded by experienced book-publishing professionals, Tellwell believes most authors want something simple: a small, committed, and caring team to help publish a quality book. Our company values include passion, talent, teamwork, candor, and entrepreneurial spirit.
To apply, please submit a résumé and cover letter outlining your interests, why you are a good fit, and your relevant experience and skills for the position. You may attach your cover letter and résumé in this posting.
Candidates without a cover letter won’t be considered.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a résumé and cover letter outlining your interests, why you are a good fit, and your relevant experience and skills for the position.
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today