People Experience Specialist
About the Job or Project
People are the heart of everything we do at Envato. We need to ensure we provide the best experience, from our recruitment and onboarding, to Life at Envato, to our offboarding and alumni so that we attract, engage and inspire the best talent for us to achieve our goals.Our People Experience team are key drivers in creating and fostering an amazing employee experience as we continue to scale and evolve. As our People Experience Specialist, you will assist with the daily runnings and coordination of our office space. You will foster connection and wellbeing across the company through initiates and events as well as uphold our B-Corp status and drive sustainability initiatives.Please note, this role is a 9 month fixed term contract and we are only considering Melbourne based candidates who are open to a hybrid working arrangement (approx. 3 days in the office).Responsibilities
- Oversee our physical workspace in Carlton, including supplies, processes and equipment, to ensure a comfortable, safe and efficient environment for employees
- Coordinating maintenance, repairs, and improvements to the office space to ensure it is well-maintained
- Collaborating with vendors and service providers to ensure the office’s needs are met and services are delivered effectively
- Evolving our remote experience, ensuring that all employees feel connected and included, wherever they’re located
- Processing office + events invoices and reconciling credit cards via our finance system
- Help us move! Our lease is up in April 2024 and we’re heading to a new location
- Coordinate our calendar of remote and IRL (in real life) events, including our twice yearly Envato Connect conference
- Bringing creative ideas to the table for event concepts and themes that align with our culture and goals.
- Help activate our B Corp Status internally through events, showcasing our our people can be involved and by (where possible) using other B Corp companies for our events
- Help lead our sustainability agenda and embed our strategy into the everyday
- Updating and writing regular communication to be distributed across Envato to ensure everyone is in the know of envato news and upcoming events to foster an inclusive and connected workforce
- Coordinate our monthly All Hands meetings
- Implement our new travel management system
Ideal Applicant or Experience
- Melbourne based and open to hybrid working (minimum 3 days a week in the office)
- Prior experience looking after an office and organising both virtual and in person experience and events
- Prior experience working at a B Corp would be a bonus!
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Budget management and negotiation skills
- Creativity and a knack for event design
- Proficiency in office software and tools
Required Skills and Services
Perks and Benefits
- We provide MacBook Pros or HP’s for you to do your best work, as well as providing all your initial and ongoing tech setup to suit your individual needs.
- Home office setup contribution – all employees receive a one off payment of $1000 (AU) / $1200 (NZ) to create or uplift your home office working space
- Monthly contribution to support work from home costs $50 (AU) / $60 (NZ)
- Paid Parental Leave – Envato will top up from the government parental leave scheme so that the Primary Carer receives 20 weeks leave at full pay (with the option to take it as 40 weeks at half pay), and for partner parental leave we offer 3 weeks full pay for eligible team members
- In addition to paid parental leave, we also pay superannuation on the paid and unpaid portion of the Primary Carer period for up to 12 months
- Employees receive an annual individual allowance to connect with colleagues as you choose $150 (AU) / $160 (NZ)
- A performance-based bonus program worth up to 12.5% annually
- An annual individual Learning & Development budget for each employee
- Free Envato Elements subscription for side gigs/personal use
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We’re B Corp certified & believe in succeeding sustainably as one global team
- Public Holiday Swap – recognising that employees may have different religious and cultural practices, as well as different political beliefs, Envato’s Public Holiday Swap policy allows employees to swap up to 4 public holidays a year for another day of significance
- We support the flexibility to work from anywhere (and the opportunity to combine work & travel) by supporting our people to work from almost any location in the world for up to 3 months every year, and offering up to 20 days of additional purchased leave
- We removed standard hours from our employment contracts to empower our people to work in a way that makes sense to them
- We are committed to supporting the physical and mental health and wellbeing of our people. Through our Health & Wellbeing program, Thrive, we offer a range of options and benefits throughout the year
- We support working parents through a range of initiatives, including being a proud partner with Grace Papers
- As part of our values and vision, Envato contributes 2% of profits to charities in each of the three main countries we operate in (Australia, Mexico, and the US)
Our focus is on helping people to complete their creative projects, with our author community earning every time that happens.
Envato proudly impacts the lives of creatives all over the world, from web developers and graphic designers, to marketers, videographers, photographers and more. We’ve built a community where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where creators bring their ideas to life and in the process, earn a living doing what they love. It doesn’t get much better than that!
We are a global and rapidly scaling business. Blending purpose and profit, we’re a passionate B Corp , committed to making a positive impact on the communities we engage in. You can read more about our purpose, mission and values on our website.
We’ve embraced flexibility for a long time – where we can, let’s make work, work for you! Our roles can be based ANYWHERE in Australia or New Zealand, and while we all mostly work from home we’re proud of how we keep our global team connected.
How to Apply
If this job sounds like it was made for you please apply via the section below with your resume and cover letter outlining why you’re the best fit for the project. Examples of your work would also be an added bonus.
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today