About the Job or Project
Screen Sanity wants to create a world where kids are captivated by life, not screens. We are the first generation to raise digital natives — kids who’d rather text than talk. And, let’s be honest, it’s hard. In fact, surveys reveal that technology is the number one battleground in homes today. Screens have seeped into every corner of our kids’ lives, and many of us are trying to navigate this unpaved parenthood road alone. That’s where we come in. Screen Sanity is an international nonprofit that equips parents to be mentors and guides so kids grow up happy and healthy in an increasingly digital world.
We are looking for a freelance PR professional who can take our good news stories and turn them into coverage across mainstream and industry press. You’ll work with our small team who are experts in marketing and content, as well as our leadership team to generate more coverage as we continue to grow.
Your goal will be to generate proactive coverage for Screen Sanity, while also ensuring that we are front of mind amongst journalists and partners from mainstream and industry press for comment on topics like mental health, AI, device use, suicide, health and wellbeing, focus. You’ll also be able to react to trending topics as they arise, inserting Screen Sanity into the conversation where required.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Pitch stories and drive publicity and coverage for Screen Sanity, both at a national level and in industry publications.
- Write newsworthy press releases and distribute them to relevant media outlets. You will have access to a team who will work with you to develop angles and pitch ideas, and you’ll be the one who will transform these ideas into assets for journalists.
- Help position influencers within the Screen Sanity team as experts in the space, with the goal of becoming the first point of contact for media
- Pitch stories to journalists on email, socials, and phone
Ideal Applicant or Experience
The ideal person will have:
- An understanding of or interest in the digital world and children’s online safety
- Existing relationships with media.
- Have excellent writing skills, solid media contacts and the ability to communicate confidently with our team and media alike.
- 2-3+ years of PR experience and a tertiary degree in communications or similar.
- The ability to take direction and work independently.
- Great interpersonal skills, with an ability to work effectively in a small team environment.
An understanding of the importance of being flexible. Screen Sanity is a startup, and if an angle isn’t landing, we need to be able to adapt and try something new.
Required Skills and Services
About Screen Sanity
Screen Sanity seeks to help families across Australia pursue digital health in order to reduce loneliness, depression, anxiety, and suicide in a socially isolated society. We believe in the power of communities coming together to send our kids a unified message: your digital health matters — because you matter.
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, please introduce yourself below to Fiona with your resume or portfolio. Examples of your work would be an added bonus.
This job advertisement has expired.