Job title: Project Producer for Shift Sydney with Google
Reports to: Foundation Director
Location: Sydney NSW (remote and in person working)
Contract: Fixed term part-time contract.
Anticipated delivery required part-time from Nov – July (core delivery from Feb to June).
Salary: On application
Deadline:4 October 2021, which may change due to number of applications or business reasons, so please do not delay in your application.
Benefits include: To see our extensive benefits please visit the careers page on our website
Founded in 1962, D&AD is an organisation that is all about the pursuit of creative excellence within advertising and design – inspiring it, celebrating it and enabling it. A fundamental way of us achieving this is through our world class learning programmes which upskill the current and future workforce.
Whilst our remit focuses on the advertising and design industry there is a broader goal, to demonstrate the positive impact that creativity can have across education, the economy and within society.
Purpose of the job
We are looking to expand the team that delivers D&AD Shift with Google to Sydney.
What is D&AD Shift with Google?
Shift exists to challenge the idea that there is only one route into a creative career. College fees and other systemic barriers have prevented some of the best talent from becoming part of our industry. The creative industry needs to change the way we
recruit. We need to look at creating alternative pipelines and alternative education channels, in order to change the balance.
Shift is a different kind of talent programme. A free, industry-led night-school for outstanding, untapped and fresh creatives who don’t have a four-year college degree or industry networks but are looking to kick-start a creative career.
Meeting twice a week online and in agencies around the city, a group of 20 emerging creatives will work on briefs and creative challenges for 15 weeks, culminating in a showcase and paid placements.
Your role will be helping to make this incredible opportunity happen within Sydney.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a freelance project producer to join the Shift team currently based in London and New York, to manage and deliver the Shift programme in Sydney. You will be supported by an assistant in Sydney and the wider D&AD team.
- Research, contact and monitor outreach partners to drive Shift applications
- Curriculum design and delivery
- Project planning and project management
- Speaker / session outreach
- Session hosting and facilitation
- Giving constructive feedback on creative work
- Innovating the programme to ensure that we maximise our impact
- Support the management of partners and key sponsors
- Ensure outcomes are achieved against milestones
- Monitor and report progress to partners
- Establish an excellent working relationship with the Shifters and be their first
point of contact
- Be the contact for industry employers, in order to match-make and maximize employment opportunities for the Shifters
Key Experience and Skills
- Effective project management and delivery experience
- Client and account management
- Experience of design and delivery of learning programmes
- Experience of resource management
- Experience of facilitating group discussion and/or training.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Keen interest in design and advertising
- Capable presenter who has delivered information / pitches to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Basic in-design skills
- Experience of working in (or knowledge of) the advertising and design industry
D&AD is committed to diversity, equality, equity, inclusion and respect for all. Providing a work environment in which all employees are treated with fairness, respect and dignity and which is free of discrimination, victimisation, bullying and harassment. At D&AD we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you!
If you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey. You can connect with Vanessa below.
Our privacy statement can be viewed on the D&AD website
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today