Customer Care Specialist
About the Job or Project
- Amazing career opportunity with a game-changing female first business
- City Location, hybrid work, great perks
- Be the voice and first point of contact for a disruptor brand that focuses on empowering women in their community
Gem Recruitment is proud to be working with Stella Insurance to find them a permanent Customer Care Specialist. If you are looking to join a business that is all about empowering women and is in a really exciting growth phase then we want to chat to you.
Who are you working for?
Stella Insurance launched in July 2020 as a challenger brand in the market. Positioned as a conscious, female-first, female led insurance brand, focused on designing products and customer experiences that prioritise the needs of women. They’re about changing the game and bucking the antiquated trend that suggests insurance is just about prices and premiums. Starting with car insurance, they have redefined the customer experience and genuinely reward safe drivers with competitive pricing and a premium product.
Beyond insurance, Stella aims to challenge gender biases. They strive to partner with like-minded people and organisations to help drive actionable and progressive change for women. They are building a community through their platforms to educate and support women and be a game changer in this space– that’s why we love them!
This isn’t your average customer service role. Stella are looking for individuals with a self-starter mentality who want to be part of building a new brand. They are all about their customers and their customer experiences. The Sales and Service team are the heart of their company, making sure all customers have a best-in-class experience when choosing to insure with Stella. In this role you’ll be the voice and first point of contact for Stella. This role is a cross skilled Sales and Service position and will be responsible taking inbound or making outbound (call to action) sales calls from potential Stella customers, as well as helping manage inbound customer support and requests. You’ll provide general administrative support, help with policy administration, arrange mid-term adjustments, renewals – and every and any type of customer support queries that come your way! As a full- time position, you will work 37.5 hours across a 5-day week rotating roster 8:00am to 6:30pm Monday – Friday.
What’s the gig?
Stella Insurance has a huge focus on women and building a community where empowering women is key, therefore this individual needs to share and believe in the same vision. Responsibilities in this role will include the following:
- Educating customers about the value of our brand and offering
- Managing a broad range of customer queries and requests across our various channels: providing a professional and helpful service and effective customer communication.
- Helping customers define their needs and answering queries appropriately during the quote journey, using the opportunity to “sell through service.”
- Using your active listening skills to understand and support customers, so that their needs are understood – and service standards are maintained.
- Interpreting and advising customers on policy cover, so that correct factual advice and information is provided.
- Creating and reviewing policy documentation with a high level of accuracy.
- Delivering any administration on new policies, mid-term adjustments, renewals, and cancellations.
- Handling complaints constructively (and in line with company and AFCA guidelines) escalating these to the Team Leader when a solution cannot be found. You’ll ensure all issues are resolved and any learning opportunities are shared across the team.
- Supporting your colleagues on a day-to-day basis to resolve queries, build knowledge and confidence, and achieve quality and compliance standards.
- Gathering feedback about our product and customer experience and sharing opportunities for improvement with the broader team.
- Having a great time working with a passionate team who are committed to changing the perception of insurance for good.
Ideal Applicant or Experience
What do we need from you?
Here are a few of the skills they are looking for in this position. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as it’s important for Stella to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way:
- You are customer-centric and have a strong passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- You’ll have strong active listening skills: questioning, summarising and reflecting with empathy.
- You put the customer first and are creative when approaching resolutions to customers’ needs.
- You’re able to handle difficult conversations and influence people to get a positive resolution.
- You’ll be able to multi-task prioritise and organise time effectively. You know that it’’ll set you up for success when working in a fast paced and changeable environment.
- You have great attention to detail – spotting gaps and anomalies is second nature to you.
- You bring superb communication and relationship skills – you’ll be the sort of person who builds rapport quickly.
- Your colleagues say you have great judgment, you learn quickly, and you solve problems.
Required Skills and Services
Perks and Benefits
It’s an exciting time to join Stella Insurance and be part of a company that’s rapidly gaining momentum. You will be part of the growth journey and contribute to a disruptor in the insurance industry. Not only is this exciting in itself, but Stella Insurance offers a number of additional perks (and we all love a perk!) by joining the team. A few include:
- Hybrid working flexibility for you to do your best work in a way that works for you
- Volunteer time off –take 4 paid days each financial year to volunteer at your favourite charity
- Learning and growth – Stella Insurance believes in continuous learning and so have an annual training budget for education, training and development
- Birthday leave – a day off to celebrate your Birthday
- An internal recruitment referral scheme for all employees
- Employee discounts
About Gem Recruitment
Gem Recruitment is home to women’s recruitment in Australia. We are true champions of diversity and inclusion, connecting professional women with Australian employers to find their next meaningful role across part-time and full-time positions. We don’t have rigid, traditional recruitment processes. We assess the way our clients want to recruit each role and agree on the best plan of action together to find the right person.
How to Apply
Please register your interest with your resume and cover letter, sharing why this is the perfect opportunity for you. Contact the Gem Recruitment team at email@example.com to apply or for further information via a confidential conversation.
This job advertisement has expired.