Social Media Manager
About the Job or Project
We’re excited to share that we’re now recruiting for Freelance Social Media Managers to join our Melbourne based team in the lead up to the festive season.
What does a Freelance Social Media Manager do at Melbourne Social Co?
You will be tasked with a range of projects, including Account Management, creating social media content (including shooting content on your iPhone) and assisting with community management and the execution of social media campaigns on behalf of our clients. You will be working both from home and from our studio/office space located on Collins Street in the CBD.
As part of your role, you may be involved in the following:
- Attend client pitch and new client meetings with the Senior team on behalf of Melbourne Social Co as required
- Assist the senior team in executing digital marketing and brand strategies alongside our in-house creative team
- Assist with on-boarding of new clients
- Working closely with clients and other stakeholders
- Assist with project managing creative campaigns from concept through to completion
- Meeting and assisting clients with their account needs
- Brief creatives, copywriters and designers to create campaign assets for social media, EDMs and websites
- Proactively find and utilise social media and marketing trends to use for client campaigns when relevant
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports
- Prepare social media content plans
- Assist with managing photoshoots on behalf of MSC clients, including photography & post-production, art direction, styling, shoot preparation, prop sourcing and client liaison
- Shoot and edit content for TikTok and Instagram Reels on your iPhone
Content Scheduling & Community Management
- Assistance with managing clients’ social media communities and scheduling social media content
Ideal Applicant or Experience
The ideal candidate has previous agency experience or has worked in an in-house role managing multiple social media accounts. Bonus points for those with full availability in December and January.
Our ideal candidate will embody our agency values, and will be passionate about driving growth and positive change for our successful agency.
ONE TEAM – We work together, with trust and respect, to deliver for our agency and clients.
CARING – We look out for ourselves, each other, our agency and the community.
COLLABORATIVE – We collaborate and share ideas to foster creativity.
DEPENDABLE – We do what we say we will do.
PASSIONATE – We are passionate about our work, and drive business growth together as a team.
- 2 + years of experience as a social media manager, preferably agency experience
- Highly organised, with an ability to meet tight deadlines
- Able to take direction but work autonomously, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects at once
- Ability to edit and proof-read your work
- Confident with technology and up to date with the latest social media trends and platform updates
- Creative, with an ability to think outside the square and an eye for aesthetics
- Excellent customer service skills
Required Skills and Services
Perks and Benefits
What can we offer you in return?
- A competitive hourly rate relevant to your level of experience and skills
- A supportive, female-led team
- Career growth, mentoring and upskilling opportunities
- A hybrid working model
- The opportunity to work with and contribute to the campaigns of global brands
- Regular team social activities
About Melbourne Social Co
Melbourne Social Co is a boutique creative agency, with a strong digital focus. Our team is made up of specialist digital marketers, brand strategists, content creators, social media managers, web developers and PR gurus.
We have extensive experience in digital marketing and content creation and have been working with our clients to achieve exceptional results for the past 7 years. Our team is increasingly sought after by businesses seeking a dedicated digital employee – because we’re able to provide the creative skills and expertise of an entire team at rates comparable to a single employee.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, our creativity, eye for design and unique approach to story telling. Working across a broad range of industries, we are masters of tone of voice and can adapt our style to suit any brief.
As a boutique agency, we set ourselves apart by delivering a highly personalised service to each client that we work with, and by implementing brand strategies aimed at transforming their products or services from things people ‘want’ to ‘things they needed yesterday’.
How to Apply
Does that sound like you? If so, please upload your resume, a little info about yourself and some examples your work. Bonus points for sending us some links to social media accounts you’re currently managing. We look forward to hearing from you!
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today