About the Job or Project
Travel Advisor, full-time or part time, Brisbane
- Exciting career opportunity in travel
- Great salary and travel perks!
- Iconic family-owned specialist travel agency
Travel is back and Gem Recruitment is proud to partner with Snowscene Travel to find an experienced Travel Specialist with a clear passion for travel. Snowscene is a specialist travel agency providing all-inclusive bespoke luxury holiday experiences to New Zealand, Canada, USA, Japan and European Ski destinations.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Travel Specialist to join Snowscene, a family-owned specialist travel agency in Brisbane. Working with a small, experienced team at the top of their game, in this role you will be managing all aspects of planning the ultimate Ski holiday experience. Opportunities like this don’t come up every day – you’ll be supported by an industry-leading Managing Director, with loads of training and travel opportunities!
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Founded in Brisbane in 1984, this iconic family-owned and operated business is the only Travel Agency in Australia that specialises in bespoke Ski Travel leisure experiences, having earned themselves a reputation as the experts in Ski destination Travel. They have been organising snow holidays for over 35 years and have visited over 100 resorts worldwide.
Now more than ski travel experts, the business also specialises in high quality ski and snowboarding clothing and accessories and their latest sister brand, Sunscene will take you anywhere that the sun shines.
WHATS THE ROLE?
We are seeking an experienced Travel Specialist who can grow the Snowscene brand and become your own destination specialist. You will bring to the role your passion for travel and snow holidays, previous experience as a travel agent (preferably in ski holidays), your engaging personality and the ability to bring in new business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is responsible for managing all aspects of the travel experience, providing a “red carpet” experience for all clients and planning the ultimate leisure experience!
This is a fast-paced role, and the support and drive you will get from the small team passionate about travel will only further enhance your skills.
- Virtuoso style consultant with ability to convert luxury travel enquiries into exception travel experiences
- Strong retail travel experience, with a passion for ski and the knowledge on how to sell ski holidays
- Systems experienced – phones, emails, reservations systems
- GDS knowledge (Galileo) ideal
Ideal Applicant or Experience
- You are an excellent communicator with a passion for travel and snow!
- You are confident communicating about your niche with diverse audiences
- You are a friendly, positive person who genuinely enjoys working with people
- Ability to work on your own client base and generate new leads through your own networking
- You have a genuine love of snow holidays and travelling with previous travel to ski destinations worldwide
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail on all written correspondence
- A self-motivated team player
- You have a strong work ethic and time management skills
- You thrive in a high-pace environment, without compromising on processes
- Driven to succeed, enjoys a challenge and working to achieve goals.
This opportunity suits those looking for their next big career adventure or looking to get back into the travel industry.
Required Skills and Services
Perks and Benefits
WHAT’S ON OFFER – THE EXTRAS!
Opportunities like this don’t come available every day.
- You’ll be joining a family-owned business that has a fantastic industry reputation.
- You will have the opportunity to be mentored by the Managing Director who is an industry leader
- Access to training opportunities to upskill and grow professionally.
- Flexible work options available to work 4 days a week or a 9-day fortnight in the Snowscene Brisbane office.
- Ample travel opportunities both with clients and on family holidays, tour guiding opportunities for bespoke tours and women only trips.
- Fantastic discounts on clothing from the Snowscene Ski Store.
About Gem Recruitment
Gem Recruitment is home to women’s recruitment in Australia. We are true champions of diversity and inclusion, connecting professional women with Australian employers to find their next meaningful role across part-time and full-time positions. We don’t have rigid, traditional recruitment processes. We assess the way our clients want to recruit each role and agree on the best plan of action together to find the right person.
How to Apply
Please register your interest with your resume and cover letter, sharing why this is the perfect opportunity for you via the form below or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
This job advertisement has expired.