About the Job or Project
This is a very exciting opportunity for a freelance Full Stack WordPress developer to work with us to help evolve our digital platform.
We are looking for a web developer with extensive experience with WooCommerce (and its plugins) with the ability to custom code and configure new web solutions (no page builders).
The ideal candidate is a whiz with WooCommerce customisation, developing and customising subscription, membership and gift card plugins and is family with a more agile workflow.
This is a remote position 1-2 days per week.
Ideal Applicant or Experience
You will work closely with our Director of Marketing & Product to improve and evolve our web platform.
Whether it be custom coding a new subscription solution, finessing the UX of our AI matching model, looking for ways to optimise the user experience or updating the website with our latest promotion, you will be our go to for all things web.
Areas of focus will be:
- Freelancer subscription environment
- Employers subscription environment
- Woocommerce shop
- Job and talent search directories
- API integrations – Klaviyo, JobAdder, Broadbean, and other automations
You’ll be skilled in taking custom designs and custom coding them into the existing web platform for specific requirements, keeping a source code repository to maintain the code, and assisting with keeping a simple front-end experience while building a powerful back-end system.
Ideally, we would love someone with a creative eye for detail, who is up to date with the latest trends and technology and who adheres to best web practice standards.
- Minimum 5 yrs experience web development with med – large WordPress and Woocommerce sites
- Experience building Custom WP Plugins and Themes is essential
- Experience operating from the terminal, SSH, FTP
- Skilled in building functional sites using the latest tech trends
- High-level skills using custom codes, e-commerce sites & API integrations
- Ability to take raw designs in Adobe Suite / Sketch and code them into beautiful responsive web code
- Experience managing site speed – maintain/optimize page Load speeds
- Site security mitigation
- Some experience with AWS and interest in machine learning would be a plus
Required Skills and Services
Perks and Benefits
- A company that leads from the front on women’s issues and has created a high-performing culture driven by our mission to have a positive impact on the future of work for our members.
- A commitment to supporting the development of each member of our team via annual professional development opportunities.
- Work from anywhere – this is a fully remote role with the option to join us in our office at Stones Corner.
- Flexible approach to work – this is a freelance position for 1-2 days per week, and open to negotiation for the right candidate
About Freelancing Gems
Freelancing Gems is an intelligent jobs marketplace for female freelancers that showcases the rarest gems of talent, across ALL industries. We champion the freelancers, the consultants, the sole-traders, the small business owners and the side-hustlers by providing a digital platform for Australian employers to find and hire the best talent. The platform uses an AI-driven matching model using machine learning to immediately connect talent with suitable roles and employers to skilled, available freelancers.
We’re closing the gap on gender inequalities by improving workforce participation rates and pay parity for women. We have a big mission ahead of us – to help Australian women find their next meaningful role and redefine their 9 to 5, while charging what they are worth. It is no small task, but we are up for the challenge and looking for other motivated individuals to join our team who are passionate about supporting women at work, women’s issues and diversity as a whole.
How to Apply
We’re looking for a great operator to join us on our mission to see more women access the career of their dreams. To apply for this role, please submit a portfolio of work showcasing your skills as described above, and tell us what women’s issue you’re passionate about changing. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
This job advertisement has expired.