About the Job or Project
Josephmark is a technology-driven design studio with a mission to build beautiful products and businesses. We are an eclectic mix of technologists, designers, developers, strategists and copywriters spread across Australia and the US. We’ve built brands and ventures, startups and scale-ups for the last 20 years, focusing on changing the ways we work, play, and live, for the better. To get more of a feel for life at JM, check out https://josephmark.studio/careers.
We are actively seeking a senior web front-end developer to help us on several projects working with our other developers on an initial contract basis until the end of the year, with a strong likelihood to extend or become permanent. We prefer this position to be close to our Brisbane office but are open to fully remote applicants within Australia who can align with BNE (AEST) timezones.
Beyond hands-on build experience on each project, you will play an integral part of the design, development and delivery of new features, providing strong technical and delivery input into proposed solutions.
This is a great opportunity to work closely alongside product managers, designers, and other engineers to implement solutions to user problems and gain exposure to commercial business decisions that drive growth.
- Manage, monitor and maintain production environments
- Manage your own time to deliver on time and within budget
- Facilitate architectural decision-making
- Manage complex technical engagements including challenging stakeholders, relationships and tight deadlines
- Demonstrate foresight of potential challenges and issues, identifying the gaps and proactively driving the team’s actions
- Define and improve upon guidelines and processes
- Initiate ideation sessions and challenge development discussions
Ideal Applicant or Experience
You’re right for this job if…
- 5+ years professional software development experience across any tech or digital space
- Expert understanding of the software development life cycle
- Extensive experience peer reviewing code and optimising peer reviewing processes
- Confidence solving an array of technical challenges
- Extensive experience on complex and long-term projects, from concept to delivery
- Excellent communication skills both with team members and clients; able to communicate thoughts, ideas and feedback
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to empathise and understand the needs of the client, project or team member
- Creative problem-solving
- Experience with the following tech stack:
- React/NextJS – Experience with React Server Components is beneficial
- Authentication flows and managing private data
Bonus if you also have:
- Confidence in client-facing roles
- Experience in building with accessibility and performance in mind
- Interest in, or evolving, people management skills
Required Skills and Services
A global design and technology studio specializing in early stage venture strategy, brand development, digital product development and enterprise business evolution. Brisbane / Melbourne / Los Angeles.
How to Apply
At JM, we know better products start with diverse teams. We are an inclusive workplace committed to fostering a sense of thriving and belonging for all. That’s why we strongly (see bold usage) encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. If you share our values and our venture mindset, you’ll find a home at Josephmark.
If this job sounds like it was made for you please apply via the section below with your resume and cover letter outlining why you’re the best fit for the project. Examples of your work would also be an added bonus.
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today