[Freelancer Profile] Meet Kelly, an Instagram content and Reels coach
Kelly is a social media expert, content creator, strategist, and copywriter. She helps businesses amplify their brand presence online through her social media coaching services and online courses. Kelly has mastered the art of social media engagement over the past 10 years and offers her wealth of experience to service-based businesses and fellow coaches. She has a diverse portfolio of service and product-based brands and businesses; FMCG, health and beauty, coaches, and various niches.
Let’s get to know more about Kelly:
Tell us a little about yourself and your business.
I’m Kelly, an Instagram Content & Reels coach. I help coaches and service-based business owners market their businesses online for more visibility and leads through my 1:1 coaching, digital products, and online courses.
What inspired you to make the leap and go out on your own, and when did you first start working for yourself?
I started working for myself after graduating, I founded a beauty salon that is a multi-award-winning salon under my leadership through the power of social media. However, I was burnt out from managing for 10 years and decided to sell to someone who can carry on my legacy. During my time managing the salon, I enjoyed marketing the most, particularly social media. A light-bulb moment happened, I decided to gain experience in a social media agency, and now I help business owners (coaches and service providers) grow online, be more visible, and get leads through my 1:1 coaching, digital products and online courses.
Tell us about your experience of working for yourself.
It has been very fulfilling, rewarding, and challenging at the same time. You have to have great time management and grit.
What’s your best piece of advice for someone wanting to make the leap?
Just do it and don’t overthink the process. Step out of your comfort zone because that’s where the magic happens.
Best tips for winning new business?
Have a portfolio to showcase your capabilities, and don’t give up when you get a “no’ – A rejection is a redirection. The Universe (or whatever you believe in) has a better plan for you.
What has been your favourite project to date?
- I’ve helped a business owner get 77 people to register for his flagship course in 2021 at $25,000 per sign-up the year before the program was launched. Previously he was only able to get 20 people in 2 years. That’s a 67% increase in revenue of $2,000,000.
- Created a Mini Reels Course that only requires 45 minutes to learn how to create 7 easy Reels for their business in 30 minutes (or less!) – Helping business owners save time so that they can focus on the actual work of their business and at the same time be more visible for more leads.
- Helped a client with her content strategy in our 1:1 coaching sessions that resulted in 13.8k views on one Reel
What is a business win you’re currently celebrating?
- Co-authored a book, Entrepreneur Secrets where coaches, consultants, and experts share the secrets to success that launched on Oct 13, 2022, all proceeds are going to a charity.
- Helped my client with another sold-out program of 120 sign-ups that brought in revenue of $432,000.
What led you to join Freelancing Gems?
Wanting to help more business owners with social media and the network of like-minded individuals.
What is one word you would use to describe Freelancing Gems?
What’s next for your business?
I will be creating more social media and Instagram online courses and workshops as well as focusing on my 1:1 programs.
Get in touch with Kelly if you need support mastering your online presence. You can connect with her on the Gem Directory.
Not a member? Join now.