Business Development & Stakeholder Engagement Advisor
About Streifer & Co
Streifer & Co is a fast-growing stakeholder engagement and CEO advisory start-up that was established in 2019 to work at the highest levels across industry and government. We help major companies, governments, investors and philanthropists understand and engage each other more effectively. We do this in several ways: developing and executing high-level stakeholder engagement strategies, delivering stakeholder engagement reviews and workshops and hosting high-level roundtables across the globe.
Streifer & Co’s team of experienced industry leaders works closely with high-profile clients in the government / not-for-Profit / association, transport / infrastructure, finance, technology and sports sectors to build effective and lasting relationships at the highest levels and position and grow organisations in the most efficient way possible.
We work with clients across Australia, the US, UK / Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Even though we work on ‘serious’ topics and with ‘serious’ clients – we have an engaging and fun style. We believe that our openness, reliability and fun are core ingredients of our success. We also believe people work better when they work in their areas of passion – so we support our team to pursue areas and ideas that they love.
About the role
In the role of Business Development & Stakeholder Engagement Advisor, you will have a two-pronged role. You will:
- Help our clients distil their major opportunities, develop strategies to embrace them and then execute those strategies with the clients and
- Identify opportunities and execute strategies for Streifer&Co to expand our client base across the industries we target.
Working alongside and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be an integral part of a small but agile team through the management of exciting projects.
You will predominantly be working with Australian clients – but you will have an eye for opportunities in other markets (particularly US, EU).
This is a part-time, contract opportunity (3 days per week, 6 months) – with the opportunity to transition to full-time for the right person.
- You are the type of person who makes friends and work colleagues easily
- You connect the dots – you are a strategic thinker who can see the bigger picture and where an opportunity or partnership lies
- You are organised – so that you can seize the opportunities that you identify – and track how things are going
- You have experience in: business development, account management, sales, stakeholder engagement, diplomacy, marketing or management at senior levels in government authorities or the following industries: professional services, infrastructure, consulting, finance, technology, sport, nfp (or related industries)
- You have high-level networks that will assist in building relationships while promoting the Streifer & Co brand
- You are comfortable engaging at C-suite and management levels and with leaders in the government
- You work independently – and you are a leader – and you can bring people on the journey
- You are not afraid to ask questions, or pitch – at a high level – and you feel comfortable closing deals (you can ‘sell ice to eskimos’ without being ‘salesy’) – you see the opportunity for win-win partnerships
- You have exceptional organisational, communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality
- You will get excited about working with a passionate team across the globe, as a start-up – and all the growth we have in front of us
- You can work in a fast-paced environment and to adhere to project deadlines
- You have the ability and willingness to undertake regular interstate travel (when applicable) – or international travel (whenever possible)
- You are passionate about making a difference for our clients and embracing our fun and energetic culture
- You would like to be part of a growing team
- Proactively seek new business opportunities and partnerships, establish contacts and develop new relationships with external individuals and organisations – for our clients and for Streifer&Co;
- Represent Streifer & Co in appropriate networks to identify and pursue opportunities;
- Leverage your existing networks (and our networks) in the government and private sectors to assist clients’ objectives;
- Develop high-level business and government roundtables (with our CEO)
- Create and maintain pipelines and detailed contact and network databases
- Work with clients to understand their engagement needs and develop and execute effective and relevant stakeholder strategies
- Develop proposals for new clients
- Develop and maintain relationships on behalf of Streifer & Co and clients at senior leadership levels (CEO/CFO/GM etc.) across a broad stakeholder grouping including government, corporate and not-for-profit/association sectors; and
- Provide support to the Chief Executive Officer and other team members via the provision of regular project updates and assisting with other tasks and initiatives as needed.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now to join us and become the newest member of our team! Please send your CV to email@example.com.
Want to connect with this employer?Join Today