Operations Manager / Spa & Wellness Consultant
Spa Wellness Consulting is a boutique consultancy company that is based in Melbourne, Australia. Our clients include hotels and resorts, day spas, retreats and a variety of other spa, beauty and wellness centric concepts. Our in-depth knowledge of luxury wellness and hospitality is supported by a passion for creating beautiful business concepts underpinned by operational excellence. We provide a full suite of services that help clients through the planning, pre-opening and operational phases of their project.
Established in 2014 as a solo entrepreneur, I have since worked on many pre-opening projects across Australia and Asia. To date I have established many wonderful working relationships with other freelance experts, who still work with me on specific projects and tasks. But, it’s now time to welcome in a new right-hand operations manager and consultant to support me across all projects and quite frankly take a lot of work off my plate.
With the rapid growth of the spa and wellness industry, and with a lot of projects in the pipeline, I am very excited to present an opportunity for an experienced industry professional to join me and my freelance team. This work requires experience in all facets of spa operations.
If you’re seeking a job with routine tasks and a fixed scope, this is not the job for you! I’m looking for a strong all-rounder who will be my ‘right hand person’ to help me get work done. This means that you’ll be involved in every aspect of the work that I do.
Your primary responsibility will be organizing the workflow to ensure that priorities are on track. You’ll be proactively taking admin and project management tasks off my hands, as well as bringing your experience to our clients and their projects.
This role is a contractual 25 hour per week part time role, with the possibility of more hours during more intense periods of work. Working hours are ideally from 10am to 4pm daily, Monday to Friday. This is open to some flexibility so I am very happy to discuss this. You will need to have an ABN and you will invoice Spa Wellness at the end of each week.
You are ideally based in Melbourne and are flexible with working from home 2 or 3 days per week and in our beautiful office in Richmond, that we share with an Interior Design Studio, for 2 or 3 days per week. The office is right next to Burnley Train Station and Serotonin Eatery is nearby.
The company culture I wish to cultivate is one that is respectful, caring, inclusive, generous, open, productive, positive, inspired energised, vibrant and one where everyone is thriving and growing. Gossip, negativity, prejudice and poor manners are not welcome.
Think herbal teas, essential oils, sampling skincare, talking about interior design, spa, wellness, personal growth, fitness, beauty and our aspirational projects to get a sense for how we roll.
If you are a YES to the key attributes below, this could be the dream role for you!
- You’re smart, enthusiastic and love to do great work.
- You’re a great communicator – warm and responsive with high EQ.
- You’re highly organised and think 3 steps ahead.
- You can working autonomously towards a goal.
- You want to be valued and respected as part of a team.
- You get fulfillment supporting others.
- You’re better at systems and processes than creativity and design.
- Drafting documents, spreadsheets and presentations is easy for you.
- You are ideally proficient with MAC Keynote, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- You are open to working with Monday Project Management, Dropbox & Canva.
- Prioritisation and planning is second nature to you.
- You have strong administrative and tech savvy skills.
- You work well under the pressure of deadlines.
- You are great at email and calendar management.
- If you can’t do something, you will let me know.
- You are attentive to details, great at research and documentation.
- You are confident, articulate and well presented.
- Your written spelling and grammar is impeccable.
- You love to research all things spa, skincare, design and wellness.
- You have a genuine personal interest in spa, health and wellbeing.
If you tick YES to these industry experience metrics, I would love to hear from you!
- You’re an experienced spa and wellness professional with 10+ years in the industry.
- You have 5+ years in a Spa Management / Business role.
- You have qualifications in Beauty Therapy.
- You have experience across a variety of spa, beauty and wellness sectors.
- You have worked internationally.
- You (ideally) have experience in a Business Development or Sales & Marketing Role.
If this is the position for you, please connect below with the following:
Your CV with Photo
Applications close June 30th, 2021.
This job advertisement has expired.